Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Baby Shower Bliss




This past weekend, I had the pleasure of going to our first Baby Shower! It was beautiful...everything about it, the food, the activities, and, of course, the company.

She'll have many honorary Aunts in her life and I'm so glad she has such great roll models to look up to. Special thanks go out to Anne Koenig, Meg Hanayik, and Martha Miller for throwing the shower. There were many little details that I really loved.

Here were the activities we did in case anyone needs ideas for future baby showers. I don't particularly like the typical shower games, like smelling melted chocolate candy bars in diapers (trying to guess which candy bar it is) or the measuring the Mom-to-be's stomach games...etc.

SO my lovely friends came up with these instead:

Tie Dying Onsies and Burp Cloths




Baby M.A.S.H. - a classroom/playground game where you predict your life. My generation played this game ALL the time in elementary school.

Fairy God Mother Wishes - each person writes a wish for the baby and it gets placed on a decorative wand (a good decoration for a baby girl's room) Some of the wishes include;

"A contagious laugh." -Aunt Meg
"Good Grammar." -Aunt Colleen
"The ability to tell amazing stories." -Aunt Rach

Some were on the funnier side:

"A nice rack." - Aunt Katherine
"To have Latin American dance moves." -Aunt Hilarie
"The ability to duck softballs flying at your nose." Aunt Elizabeth
"A weak gag reflex." - Aunt Lippa


The last two are more zings at me, memories from childhood from great friends. A broken nose & multiple gagging episodes from the sight or smell of something gross. Hopefully both of those wishes will be true.

I did want to take the opportunity to thank everyone that came to the shower. It means more to me than you will ever know.

Enjoy the pictures taken by my very talented friend, Ashley Cunningham.





No comments: